An Entomologist Is A Scientist Who Studies Insects!

34

Posted by cbisby | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on July 30, 2015

An entomologist is a scientist who studies insects
An entomologist is a scientist who studies insects. Entomologists have many important jobs, such as the study of the classification, life cycle, distribution, physiology, behavior, ecology and population dynamics of insects.

Choose a colour hat and think of answers to these questions when you watch the video.
Write your question and record your answer to the question in the comments section.

6-thinking-hats

Comments (34)

Blue Hat
Everything that you eat has something to do with an insect.

Red Hat
I want to be a entomologist because I can see all the different types of insects and I can see all the insects that I never even knew lived.

Blue Hat
Entomology is studying Insects that are all around the world. And the insects that are strange, most pretty and most different than other insects. Entomology is also about looking after insects.

Blue Hat
I learnt that anywhere we go there are insects, for example, when we eat you don’t know how many tiny insects there are and there’s lot and lots of insects in garden’s, farms, homes and everywhere else.

Blue Hat
Insects are everywhere in the grass, in soil, on trees and sometimes found in houses.

Red Hat: What are my gut feelings?
I want to be a entomologist because I can see the Goliath bird eating a tarantula and I can also see different types of spiders.

I have learnt that a entomologist is a person that studies insects-bugs. Some other people learn or study about mini beast and they are also called entomologists.
Entomology means a study of insects. All insects also live on plants and help us with our lives and our garden.

Blue Hat
I have learnt that a entomologist is a person that study’s insects-bugs. Some people learn or study about mini beast and they used to be called entomologist`s. Entomology means study of insects. All the insects also help plants and people and help us live. For example if we did not have bees we would not have food but only corn.

Insects live everywhere on farms and on the earth but not in Antarctica.

Green Hat: New ideas? New opportunities? How can it improve?
I chose the green hat because I think I could become an entomologist and go to different countries and look for different bugs and I also think it can improve by making a better bug trap like maybe if a bug flies or walks on a piece of concrete the concrete will break and it will drop the bug into a little container.

white hat-
-how were insects made?
-what do butterflies eat other then nectar?
-how do bees turn pollen into honey?
-do dung beetles eat animals droppings?

Red Hat: What are my gut feelings.
We think that we need to be an entomologist because we want to learn how other bugs help biodiversity. We think we need to become an entomologist because we want to learn …
how many bugs are in the world?
what types of bugs are there?
what bugs are unusual to Australia and other countries?

Blue hat
I learnt that anywhere we go there are insects so before you eat your fruit you wash it but there are still tiny insects that you can’t see.

Blue hat

-white hat
-what do butterflies eat other than nectar?
-how were insects made?
-do dung beetles eat animals droppings?

Blue Hat: What have we learned?
We have learned that there is a special trap to capture bugs. It works by bugs flying or walking on a tent looking thing and the tent looking thing captures the bug.

White Hat: How can we find this information?
We can find the information by watching the video, becoming an entomologist, look in books, go online and learning in class.

White hat:
I learnt from that video that being an Entomologist can warn the world about new bugs that have been discovered by Entomologists. That way people can watch out for those vicious insects and bugs so that they don’t hurt us really bad and even cause us to die.

Black Hat: Something that can go bad?
Not being able to go to different countries and discover new bugs. Not being able to find any bugs. Not being able to make the bug trap work.

green hat :
I really want to be an entomologist when I grow up because now I know what they do!

Black hat:
being an Entomologist would be very difficult because finding new bugs would be hard. Also you would not know the cure to it’s bite.

blue hat: what I learnt and what would happen next?
I learnt that entermoligests have to study all different types of the one in insect type. For example they would study normal ants, leaf-cutter ants honey pot ants and others.

white hat
the entomologist looks up animals that people have never seen before. They also know where some of the animals live.

Red Hat:
I want to be an Entomologist because I could discover different bugs, and I could be on Tv.

It is someone that researchers minibeasts.

red hat
I want to be a Entomologist and study insects that I have never seen before. I even want to study sea animals thats jellyfish and starfishes and other sea animals.

Blue Hat:
Insects live in the grass, in soil, in the dirt and sometimes in houses.

white hat
what do ants eat?
what do ladybugs eat?

blue hat.
Insects live in grass, in soil, in the dirt and sometimes they live in houses like ants

blue hat:

That is in the museum. They put the animals in
there.

blue hat.
Insects live in grass, in soil, in the dirt and sometimes they live in houses like ants.

chelsia

red hat
we want to be an Entomologist because we want to discover insects that we didn’t even know.

White hat
-how does a bee make pollen into honey?
-whey does bees need pollen?
-whey are insects made?

Blue hat…
I learnt from the video that dogs and cats need to be very safe and so they can’t be heart from the storm because the storm is bad.

Write a comment