Plants, Plants, Plants!

17

Posted by cbisby | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on July 31, 2015

A scientist who studies plants is called a botanist. Become a botanist!!! Listen to the information about plants, the plant’s parts and the plant’s function. In the comments section below write a newly learnt word and the meaning!

Comments (17)

My newly learnt word is stomata, stomata means there are little holes in leaves so that the whole plant can breathe in and out so it can live.

My newly learnt word is stomata, stomata means there are tiny circles on the plants and it helps it breathe and grow.

The shoot grows above the ground. The shoot has different parts in its life the stem, leaves, flowers and fruits. The stem helps the plant to stand up it carries water and minerals for food to give to the plant to stay alive it also carries it to the other parts of the plant. Branches are parts that grow on the stem all over food and leaves. Chlorophyll, helps the food to be prepared to eat and use as food. Leaves have small opening called stomata, through which plant take in and give out air. Flowers are the reproductive parts of the plant. They are different shapes and sizes and also colours.

there is only 2 parts of the plant called the root and the shoot the root is a part that grows under the ground and the shoot is the part that grows above the ground. the branch is the part that grows on the stem. the stem helps the water. the leaves grow from not just the stem but the branch and the stem. plants help us to get food and they help us survive with air. trees are plants that give us oxygen to breath the stem helps the plant to stand up and it carries the water and minerals to the plant. all the plants in the world come in different colures sizes and shapes. flowers are the reproductive parts of the plant. water helps our plants to grow.

We think a Botanist is a scientist that studies plants. Such as learning how a plant grows, how many types of plants there are and what some plants produce. We found some information on the video and there is a root, a shoot, branches, leaves and a flower that can or can’t produce a fruit or vegetable. The root stores the water and minerals and when its ready it lets the minerals and water travel to the branches. On the leaves there are stomata that is there so it can breathe in and out. the flower can be different types, of colours and shapes.
That’s all we know about a Botanist.

a plant has 2 part root and shoot

A Botanist is a scientist that studies plants.
Different flowers can produce different things. All flowers produce pollen and Nectar. Some plants can produce fruits and vegetables such as Tomatoes, Zucchini, Cucumbers, plums and even Cherries. Some can produce food for animals and bugs like carrots for horses and nectar for bees and butterflies.
Wow we know a lot thank you for listening.

Root and shoot are only two parts of a plant . A root is something that grows underground and is on the bottom of the plant . The shoot grows above the ground . They also help the plant .

If we were a Botanist we will be able to go around the world and discover new plants. We could visit different countries.

All plants like tomato’s, cucumber, cauliflower, strawberries and broccoli start as a flower.
All fruits and vegetables have a stem, root and shoot.
Plants need:water, sunlight, soil and shade.

a plant can have different kind of flowers because the have different colors.

I enjoyed learning about plants. I think it would also make me interested to become a botanist. It might be hard but I will give it a go. I am normally not very confident about being a hard worker like an entomologist but I am very confident when it comes to easy things like planting or gardening. I would also enjoy researching our vegetable plants or fruit plants. Anything plants is my thing.

Roots help to anchor the plant to the ground.

A botanist is a scientist who studies plants.
If you are a botanist you would be able to travel to countries and learn about plants.

I think a botanist looks at plants and how they grows.
I think a botanist looks at what part of plants are to grow.
I think a botanist looks at how the steams make the plants grow.
I think a botanist looks at how the plants to stand.

I think a botanist means that they grow plants and they help the plants grow and the botanist water plants and they don’t forget to put soil because they are botanist and they always help plants to grow food for us because some plants grow fruits like strawberries and grapes and bananas and apples. But botanist mean a lot more because they love plants and they look after plants and botanist are scientist

Write a comment