Persuasive Texts

36

Posted by cbisby | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on October 3, 2015

Watch the stories with a friend and discuss.
How do the stories involve persuasion?
In some stories is it easy to identify the persuasion than others? Why?

Comments (36)

Alex was new with sharing his room. This made him realise that it does not matter if you have your own room.

Alex wanted his old room back because Ethan annoyed him

We watched ‘I wanna a new room’. Alex realised that sharing with other people is not so bad to do. Also he shared a treehouse with Ethan. He did not want to share his room with Ethan. Ales kept on persuading his dad for a new room. Alex’s parents said that he was like Ethan when he was small.

The story I chose was ‘Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus’. The pigeon wants to drive the bus and he tries to convince the reader to let him drive the bus. It is easy to locate the persuasive arguments because I heard the sentences “I will give you $5”, “I will be careful” and “My cousin drives a bus”. The pigeon also makes me feel sorry for him because he says please and I will be your best friend.

The story I chose was Don’t let the pigeon ride the bus.
Some of the arguments the pigeon put forward was ‘l`ll give you five bucks’ , ‘my cousin drives a bus please’, ‘I bet your mum would let me’ , ‘Its just a bus’, and ‘I have dreams you know’. When I listened to the story I felt sad for the pigeon’s feelings. He was probably sad and angry and not happy when he had those yucky dreams.

The video we watched was ‘The pigeon wanted to drive the bus’. The pigeon persuaded us to let him drive the bus with arguments like please, I’ll give you five dollars, I bet your mum would let me, I have dreams about it, my cousin drives a bus. The pigeon makes me fed up because he keeps on asking the reader to drive the bus. The pigeon made us feel sorry for him because he did puppy dog eyes and said please.

The movie I watched was the pigeon who wanted to drive the bus. The pigeon gave arguments like I’ll give you five bucks, I promise I’ll be your best friend forever, just a drive around the block. Even your mum will let me, please? My cousin drives a bus every day so I can drive a bus.

Don’t let the pigeon drive the bus.
The pigeon was persuading the bus driver to drive the bus by saying I will give you $5 and he said please.

Luke and I watched ‘don’t let the pigeon drive the bus’.
It was persuasive because the pigeon wanted to make us let him drive the bus. He also tried to make us feel sad and convince us to let him drive the bus.

I listened to don”t let the pigeon drive the bus.
The pigeon was trying persuade to bus driver to let him drive the bus. Then the pigeon asked the reader let’s play a game called drive the bus.
An example is Please, he asked, I’ll give you five dollars if you let me drive the bus. CAN I PLEASE DRIVE THE BUS!

We listened to the story called Don’t Let the pigeon Drive the bus.
The pigeon asked the bus driver can I drive your bus, please can I drive your bus? We can play drive the bus. The pigeon tries to persuade the audience to let him drive the bus.

We watched the video clip ‘I wanna new room’ in the clip Alex wanted a new room because he had a new sister and he tried to convince his parents that he needed a new room. Alex wanted a new room so he decided to write a letter to his parents telling them Ethan snores, Ethan sticks crayons up his nose and Ethan coughs. At the end Alex got a tree house and enjoyed it.

I listened to Don’t let the pigeon drive the bus.
the pigeon gave arguments like’ I’ll give you five bucks, I’ll be your best friend, My cousin drives a bus’ and like I bet your mum would let me. The pigeon tried to make us feel sorry for him so that he could drive the bus.
In the end the pigeon didn’t get to drive the bus.

Don’t let the pigeon drive the bus!!
We watched don’t let the pigeon drive the bus. The pigeon was trying to persuade you to ley him drive the bus. He gives you reasons for you to change your mind to let him drive the bus. The reasons were I’ll give you 5 bucks, I bet your mum would let me and I’ll be your best friend. The pigeon makes you feel sorry for him. He was kind of silly.

Today I listened to a story on the computer called ‘don’t let the pigeon drive the bus’. The pigeon tried to persuade the bus driver and now us. He even said I will give you $5, I will be your best friend, I bet your mum would let me and my cousin Herb drives a bus every day true story.
But then a bus driver came and then the pigeon found a truck and he dreamed to drive that.

The end

We read the story The Girl Who Hated Books.
At the start the girls parents kept on buying her books.
One day the girl was looking for her cat but the cat was on top of all the books so she tried to get her down. She tried to climb up but then she fell and the books fell as well. All the animals came out of the books. The only way to get them back home, in their books, was to read the books. She didn’t want to read them but it was the only way. When she read all the books and all the animals were home her parents came home with more books but they couldn’t believe their eyes as she was reading books. She read the books to get the animals home and then she enjoyed reading. She also got her cat back!
THE END OF THE BOOK

Today I watched I wanna new room Alex tried to persuade his mum and dad that he wants a new room. A few arguments where Ethan sticks crayons up his nose and he snores like grandpa Ralph.

We watch {the girl who hated books}
she hated books.
one day she was looking for her cat her cat was on a stack of books.
she tried to climb the stack of books and the books fell over.
the characters came out of the books

today i red i wanna new room Alex tried to persuade his parents that he wants a new room. A few arguments where Ethan sticks crayons up his nose and he snores like grandpa Ralph.

We watch {the girl who hated books}
she hated books.
the characters came out of the books
from brodie and oliver

We watched ‘the girl who hated books’. Mina did not like books but her mum and dad kept on buying books. One day Mina was looking for her cat max. she found her cat on top of all the books her mum and dad kept buying. Mina tried to climb all the books but suddenly Mina fell and all the animals fell out of the books they were making a mess. She picked up a bunny and tried squeezing it in a book ,then she read all of the books, all of the animals went back home. her mum and dad were persuading her to read books.

we watched ‘ The girl who hated books ‘ . Mina went looking for her cat everywhere . When she got up stairs she found Rex on top of books . She climbed the books and she fall all the books fall on top of her . The animals came flying out of the books . She had to read all the books to get the animals back into the books . When her pearants came back they sore her reading.

We watched ‘the girl who hated books’. The girl was annoyed when her parents were buying books when she wouldn’t read them. So the next day, the girl went to go find Max and Max was on the top of the books she wouldn’t read the books. Also the girl accidently pushed the bookshelf and all the books fall and the books opened and the creatures came out of the book and the only way to do it was read the books for them to return to there home. So she started reading the books and. All the animals and creatures returned to their home. Also her parents couldn’t believe their eyes. she was reading books. the end of the girl who hated books

we watched the video called the girl that hated books. the girl had to read all the books to get the animals back in their own books. when the monkeys stole their book the girl threw a book at the monkeys then one of the monkey threw the book to her then she read the book and the monkeys went back in.

we watched the video clip ‘The girl who hates books.
In the story there parents like to read books and they buy lot’s of book but the girl hates books and then she was trying to find her cat and then her cat was on top of the books and she try to get her cat back and then she fall over and the animals got out of the books suddenly they were messing the room up and the monkeys were ripping the cartons then the bunnies was eating the table and then she saw a wolf and the wolf was crying and the girl was starting to read the books and the animals went back in the book. The end

Christian and I watched the girl how hated BOOKS!!!
the girls parents kept buying a lot of books she couldn’t
find her cat it was on top of all the books she stared climing all the book’s and she fell down all the books then she all the animals came out the books and she read them all then all the animals were in their books and then she found her cat.

THE END

We watched the video clip ‘The girl who hated books’.
there was a girl named Nina she thought that her parents’
books were in the way. One day she was looking for her cat Max she found him on top of the big pile of books.She asked Max what he was doing up there. She tried to climb up the pile of books and suddenly all the books fell. All of the characters came out of all their books Nina was yelling for all the characters to go back in their books. Then Nina found a wolf crying and asked what was wrong.The wolf said I want to go back in my book, Nina asked if a book was his home she started reading the books and found the homes to all the characters and Nina found out that reading isn’t that bad.

Today I watched don’t let the pigeon drive the bus.
The pigeon persuaded me to let him drive the bus. His arguments were
I will give you $5.00
I will be your best friend
You’re mum would let me drive the bus
My cousin Herb drives a bus.

We watched the girl that hated books.
What happened was the little girl hated reading books. Max the cat was on a mountain pile of books and all the books fell out of the mountain of books and all the characters came out of the books. All she could do was read the books to get the characters back in the books and after that she read books all the time.

I watched ‘the girl who hated books’
at the start the girl hated books because her parents kept buying her books. she went to her get her cat she kept calling his name “Max, Max” but he didn’t come then the girl looked up and saw Max on top on all of the books that her mum and dad kept buying her. Then she tried to get Max down but all the books fell and everything came out of the books and the only way to get rid of them was to read all the books so she read the books one by one and finally everything was back home in the books. When her mum and dad came home with more books they couldn’t believe their eyes because the girl was reading books!
THE END!

We read the story ‘The girl who hated books’.

The girl hated books and she opened the books and all animals came out of the them. She wanted to know what to do to make them leave. The animals told the girl what to do so she did it. So she did what they said and it worked. It was to find the books the animals wanted and read it. Then the animals were happy and that was the end of the story.

I watched a video called `the girl who hated books`. there was a girl called Nina she thought that all those books that her parents kept buying her were all in the way. One day she was looking for her cat called Max she found him on top of all the books her parents kept buying her. Then she tried to climb all those books to get her cat back but then…. She fell on the ground and all the books fell and all the characters went out of the book. And the only one character that wasn’t happy was a blue wolf. She asked ” whats wrong” the wolf said ” i cant find my home and the only way is to read all the books to put all the characters back into there home.” Then she started to read all the books and all of them went back home and then she got her cat back and then when her parents came home they were surprised cause Nina was reading books and the had a happy ending.

I watched a story The girl who hated books.
Her parents like to read books and like to buy books and then she was looking for her cat and her cat was on the books and she was climbing and then the books fall and the animals came out and stated to mess the room and then she saw the wolf crying and the wolf and the girl stared to read books and the animals came back in the books and then when her parents came back they saw that the girl was reading books.The end

Johnathan, Harrison and I watched ‘Don’t let the pigeon drive the bus’.
The pigeon was persuading us to drive the bus and he said ‘I’ll be careful’. ‘I’ll just steer’. ‘My cousin Herb drives a bus nearly every day. True story’. ‘I have got a game, lets play drive the bus. I’ll go first’. ‘Just once around the block’. ‘I’ll be your best friend’. ‘Hey, I’ll tell you what i’ll give you $5.00’. then when the bus driver came back the pigeon walked away and the bus driver said ‘thanks for not letting the pigeon drive the bus’.

Today we read ‘i wanna new room’.
The boy was persuading her parents to buy a new room because his little sister stole his room, so now he has to sleep with his brother Ethen Here are some sentences he used to persuade his parents, my brother Ethen sticks crayons up his nose,snores to loud,my little sister does not need privacy she is little, and here’s some sentences the parents used, she’s a girl girls need privacy,when you were little you were just like Ethen.

Write a comment